Branching out from the Ice Bucket Challenge. Why I donated to Cystic Fibrosis research instead. #IceBucketChallenge

I was invited to the Ice Bucket challenge, but I have to admit I haven’t been watching the videos.

Instead I’m going to branch out the giving and ask others to give to another great charity. I hope to inspire the hearts of those in a giving mood.

The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is one group working to help those who struggle with CF. I discovered four years ago that I am a carrier. This makes finding new treatments and a cure even more powerful to me.

At the Foundation page (cff.org), you can find many ways to give and raise awareness.
Donations, gift registries, vehicle donations, Cycle for Life, and Great Strides are all ways to get involved.

You can also donate on behalf of a central Minnesota girl named Trista. You can read her story here: http://fightcf.cff.org/site/TR/GreatStrides/80_Minnesota_Minneapolis?team_id=21217&pg=team&fr_id=2189
Hear about CF:

My question of the night. What made the Ice Bucket Challenge go viral? What elements make this so influential? How can we build interest in other areas such as CF?