Another Year of 366 Days

Four years ago, on January 1st, 2012, I began a blogging journey. The original post is quoted below.

I made that first 366. It was probably the one and only time I have kept a New Years resolution. I have tried, again, to blog when inspired. But, I find that my attempts fade when blogging is not part of my routine.

Since it began, this blog has changed. It has adapted from simply Technology Integration Ideas to so much more. We are in a time of evolving education, and those of us who are on board are being swept away by so many, many possibilities.

I found my blog to be a lot more than sharing with others, though I know there is great value in that. My blog became a way to reflect on every day of learning, experiences that I had, and ideas that inspire me. Through the years, the blog title changed to Reflecting Forward.

Why Reflecting Forward?

“We do not learn from experience . . . we learn from reflecting on experience.”
-John Dewey

As a media specialist and technology leader, I grow most from reflecting on my experiences and learning. With much of my work focused on engaging learners today and in the future, Reflecting Forward seemed like an apt title for this blog.

Like the journey that I share in the flashback below, this is what I hope to be the first post in the second installment of a Legatt 366.

My challenge in my job is sharing ideas. I have learned so many things through reading, my PLN, and by helping my district’s teachers.

I have tried sending out emails, talking at staff meetings, and posting on our website. But, I still have info I would like to share.

I have never been much of New Years resolution person. But, I have admired those who have done creative 365 projects. One photo a day. One song a day. This has inspired me to make my own 366 goal. (Of course, I picked a leap year!)

I have started and faded at blogging before. This year, my goal is to persevere.

Here comes the first installment of Legatt’s 366.